Eucalyptus Organic 9mls - (Tisserand Aromatherapy UK)
Blends Well With:
Juniper, lavender, lemon, frankincense, benzoin, peppermint, tea tree, thyme
Decongestant, antiseptic, expectorant, analgesic, stimulant, anti-viral, bactericide, febrifuge, rubefacient, muscle relaxer
• Eucalyptus essential oil is excellent for treating all types of fever. It has a profound cooling effect on the body and so lowers temperatures.
• Use as a steam inhalation for a natural decongestant treatment for colds and catarrah - it eases nasal congestion, but can also help halt the cold virus.
• Use eucalyptus in airsprays as protection against flu and infectious illnesses.
• Its antiseptic and healing properties is helpful for cuts, wounds and burns - use in a solution.
• Urinary infections, such as cystitus, respond well to this oil. It has a diuretic action which also makes it useful.
• It is a great insect repellent - blend with lavender or bergamot and use as a room spray or mix with a carrier oil to use on yourself.
Helps heal skin infections.
Please use all Essential oils with respect and NEVER ingest an Essential oil unless you are under the care of a fully qualified Aromatherapist.
• This is a very powerful oil and so should be used with care.
• Avoid using on people with high blood pressure or epilepsy.
• May irritate sensitive skin.
• Do not use during pregnancy.
• Do not use on babies or small children.
• Eucalyptus (like lavender) has the ability to increase the effects of other essential oils with which it is blended.
• Its nature is to restore psychic equilibrium.
• Eucalyptus globulus (the 'blue-gum') is the most widely used variety, but some believe that Eucalyptus radiata is a better choice for aromatherapy - it has all the properties but a more pleasant aroma and is less likely to irritate the skin. Eucalyptus citriodora (smells of lemons) is also considered to be valuable.